What is Barcode Scale?
Electronic devices are products that enable easy and fast completion of work in many areas today. By using different and functional devices in the sales area, both employees and customers can save time. Barcode scales are among the most utilized electronic devices in sales. You can take a look at our article for answers to questions such as How to use a barcode scale, what functions it has, where it is needed.
The scale in question is a leading device among advanced scale systems. The purpose of this scale is:
- To ensure that the sale is made as quickly as possible,
- It can be shown as a replacement for confusing cable structures.
The device in question:
- Weight of the weighed product
- The price of the product within the framework of this weight
- Date of use
It can be defined as an electronic device equipped with the ability to print some important information such as barcode labels. Barcode scale receives information about the product from the computer to which it is connected via software and prints the said information of the product it has weighed as a label. These devices can be programmed in different ways in accordance with the usage area.
Where is Barcode Scale Used?
Barcode scale stands out as a product capable of full-time measurement. After the measurement, it is possible to add the information of the product in question to the basket both consistently and instantly. Many operations that were done manually in the past can be done easily thanks to these devices. It is also equipped with a touch and picture quick sale feature. In this way, the sales process has been made much faster and more practical.
It is possible to list the usage areas of the weigher with barcode printer as follows:
- Nuts shops
- Delicatessens and butchers
- Cargo dealers
- Grocery stores
- Pre-packaged sales points
Scales with barcode printing have a very simple setup and use. In this respect, it is possible to come across scales with barcodes in most of the sales points. They are devices that are important for sellers who want to complete their work as quickly as possible. The attendant of the store where the device is located can sort the defined products according to their types, barcode numbers and names. This stands out as a detail showing the ease of use of barcode scale systems.
Accurate weighing of the products sold with weight calculation and providing access to the necessary information about the product can of course be realized with a scale with barcode printer. In addition, the ability to tare unlimitedly is among the functions of this device.
Advantages of a Scale Barcode System
Scales with barcode printers are technological devices that are kept at points of sale to provide many advantages. We can list these advantages as follows:
- Barcode printing scales allow employees to make quick sales.
- It allows the products defined in the system to be sorted according to their barcode numbers, types and numbers.
- It can be integrated with all barcode printer devices.
- It allows simplification of sales processes at points of sale with a large variety.
- Barcode scale can print label quickly. Thus, it saves time.
- It exhibits an error-free weighing skill thanks to its sensitivity levels.
- It makes it possible to perform an unlimited weight calculation.
- It includes touch and picture sales quality.
- It allows good efficiency from the product sold.
- It can be connected to the cash register.
- It can support various types of barcodes.
- It eliminates the necessity of constantly checking and keeping in mind the prices of the products.
- It is functional and offers fast use.
- It maintains the continuity of the workflow.
- It exhibits high performance in complex and intense sales moments.
- It has the ability to calculate multiple data in a moment.
- Barcode removing scale helps to increase customer confidence and satisfaction in shopping.
- Thanks to the labeling feature, the pricing and sale of the product in its own terms is carried out quickly.
- It is important for conscious customer acquisition that the scale that prints the label gives information to the customers about the product they buy.
Barcode Scales Types
It is possible to talk about 4 different types for barcode scales. The most preferred of these varieties are independent scales.
- Independent scales: They are generally suitable for use in small markets and in various places where products that are sold by weight are located. Product weight is transferred to the POS system on independent scales where a limited number of barcoded products can be defined. In this way, the price calculation is made based on the price per weight unit of the product.
- In-cash scanner scales: It is among the varieties of the product in question. This species is found in the cash registers in the markets. These devices, which can scan barcodes thanks to their optical technology, have horizontal and vertical scanning surfaces.
- Label-printed scales: It is available in the delicatessen and butcher sections of the markets. Information about the weighed product is printed on the barcode label.
- Scale and receipt printed scales: With the follow-up of the clerk, the results of more than one weighing are transmitted to a single barcode and receipt and printed. When it comes to the payment point, a single barcode is read and the entire product is transferred to the cashier and the transaction is completed. Barcode scale prices are also shaped within the framework of the existing variety.
Barcode scales manage to attract attention by offering practicality of use as well as providing great convenience to sales employees and customers. After the price value in kilograms of the product to be measured is entered into the system, the product positioned in the measurement section is weighed by means of a precision scale. Thus, the measurement process is carried out quickly within the scope of the product’s quantity and kg price. The resulting result is extracted by the labeling method. In this way, the use of barcode scales is realized.